We understand that as a parent you will be distressed in the knowledge that the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) has intervened into your parenting and removed or have threatened to remove your children from your care.
Our role as lawyers in this area of Law is to help you understand the process that you are involved in, the reasoning why MSF has taken the action that they have or are threatening to do and attempt to assist you in finding the quickest and shortest -path to having your Children back in your care.
When you engage us:
- We shall inform MSF that we act for you;
- Advise you generally with respect to your legal obligations, responsibilities and rights in the Court process;
- Attend mentions on your behalf;
- Attend the Family Group Meetings with you and speak on your behalf;
- Attend any Court Ordered Conferences and speak on your behalf;
- We shall provide you with legal advice as to the progress of your matter
- We shall request that MSF does all things necessary to commence an assessment of you as a parent ‘willing and able’ to care for the child/children;
- We shall request the Department to ensure regular personal contact to occur between you and your child/children until this matter is resolved.
- We shall request the department to provide us with details of their protective concerns and assist you in developing a strategy to defeat those concerns.
- Ultimately if MSF is seeking any type of Order from the Court then it is available for you to oppose their application and we can assist you in preparing your paperwork for that process.